Sunday, July 7, 2013

Rosemary Oil (Rosemarinus Officinalis)

 
Rosemary is a much loved plant for me and I adore the one I have growing by my porch. It has grown to be quite the lovely monster and it is a never-ending source of pleasure for my family and I to gently run our fingers through its spiky limbs. The aroma is heavenly! I use the fresh herb under my pillow for better sleep quality and I find it is very effective for clearing the mind. Rosemary is one of my most favorite oils and as far as the fresh plant goes, it is beyond easy to grow because it is drought tolerant. This plant is not high maintenance at all.

The therapeutic uses are stress reduction ( a 2007 study located at http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0165178106000114 shows that five minutes of smelling rosemary seriously reduces cortisol, thereby dropping dangerous stress levels), creative boost (very useful to have on hand for tests or other times when memory must be sharp),  immunity boost, respiratory relief, and then there are many cosmetic uses as well.

*Not suitable at all for pregnant or breastfeeding women or those with epilepsy. Avoid if hypertensive.*

Perfumery Note: Middle

Blends well with: Cinnamon, tea tree, eucalyptus, citronella, lavender, black pepper, basil, frankincense, cedarwood, bergamot, clary sage, grapefruit, geranium, lemon, thyme, pine

No comments:

Post a Comment