Friday, July 5, 2013

Live and Learn

I have been a licensed massage therapist now for just a little over a year and I love it. I had a decision between working as an employee or becoming an independent contractor and I chose the latter. I have a growing family that I want to be with and a certain lifestyle that I want to support so independent contractor was the way to go for me. It has come with its own set of frustrations but nothing that has deterred me from my path. This has been worth working toward and worth the frustrations and the reason for that is that I am making the life I want, I am working in a field that allows me to help people, and being independent gives me the reins to be as creative as I want to be. That was once hampered by a partnership but it served its purpose and has passed behind me. The journey continues on with gratitude for what has passed and enthusiasm for what it to come.

The first thing was designing new business cards, creating a new menu and updating this blog - all of which need to reflect me. I have completed the first two and am working on the third. I am happy to be where I am and feel the good things on the horizon. How do I know those good things are there? Because I am making good things happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment